Constitution for Waqf-e-Nau Secretaries – Urdu
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful
Key guidance to Secretaries of Tahrik Waqf-e-Nau
اِذۡ قَالَتِ امۡرَاَتُ عِمۡرٰنَ رَبِّ اِنِّیۡ نَذَرۡتُ لَکَ مَا فِیۡ بَطۡنِیۡ مُحَرَّرًا فَتَقَبَّلۡ مِنِّیۡ ۚ اِنَّکَ اَنۡتَ السَّمِیۡعُ الۡعَلِیۡمُ
Remember when the woman of ‘Imran said, ‘My Lord, I have vowed to Thee what is in my womb to be dedicated to Thy service. So do accept it of me; verily, Thou alone art All-Hearing, All-Knowing.’The Holy Qur’an, 3:36
When the women of Imran vowed to her Lord what was to be born in the future, she also gave this statement that I am not just vowing to you what is in my womb as a mere ritual of the past but for a far greater cause and that is;
وَ اِنِّیۡۤ اُعِیۡذُہَا بِکَ وَ ذُرِّیَّتَہَا مِنَ الشَّیۡطٰنِ الرَّجِیۡمِ
And I commit her and her offspring to Thy protection from Satan, the rejected.’The Holy Qur’an, 3:37
As we can see that the fundamental reason of her dedication was so that her progeny and the progeny yet to come would be solely God fearing and safeguarded from Satan the accursed.
As we study this incident and the events which followed, we learn that after the birth of Hazrat Maryam (as), God Almighty accepted the prayers of her mother which she prayed during her pregnancy and bestowed the rewards to her offspring.
Furthermore we learn that God Almighty appointed Hazrat Zachariah (as) as the guardian of Hazrat Maryam (as) which goes to show that the same principal should be carried out within the scheme of Waqf-e-Nau as it beers resemblance to this incident.
As God Almighty mentions Hazrat Zachariah (as) being the guardian of Hazrat Maryam (as), He also indicates that this would only be done with His help.
وَّ کَفَّلَہَا زَکَرِیَّا ۚؕ کُلَّمَا دَخَلَ عَلَیۡہَا زَکَرِیَّا الۡمِحۡرَابَ ۙ وَجَدَ عِنۡدَہَا رِزۡقًا ۚ قَالَ یٰمَرۡیَمُ اَنّٰی لَکِ ہٰذَا ؕ قَالَتۡ ہُوَ مِنۡ عِنۡدِ اللّٰہِ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ یَرۡزُقُ مَنۡ یَّشَآءُ بِغَیۡرِ حِسَابٍ
(Her Lord) made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah visited her in the chamber, he found with her provisions. He said, ‘O Mary, whence hast thou this?’ She replied, ‘It is from Allah.’ Surely, Allah gives to whomsoever He pleases without measure.The Holy Qur’an, 3:38
When Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (rh) the fourth Khalif of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community initiated this heavenly scheme, he laid out clear guiding principles to the people who would be the supervisor of the upbringing and catering of these children.
There are various instructions which have been laid out to guide the Sectaries and coordinators of the Waqf-e-Nau scheme on how to undertake the task of guiding Waqifeen-e-Nau after their parents have made the sacrifice of dedicating their children for the service of Islam and Humanity.
Keeping and Maintaining of records
It is important for all sectaries/ coordinators to keep track of how many Waqifeen-e-Nau children there are who they are responsible for. Moreover, it is their duty to not only record the number of registered Waqifeen-e-Nau in their Jama’at, but to also keep reminding the parents who are expecting or who are married to dedicate their future children in this blessed scheme.
In this regard, Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (rh) stated in his inaugural sermon on April 3rd 1987:
“I want to tell you that the (present) number of the Waqifeen-e-Nau children is far short of expected number. In fact, it is not even a small fraction of what was expected. As far as I have looked into this matter, the people responsible for conveying the message (to the Jama’at) are to be blamed for this. In several countries they did not convey the message to all the Ahmadis.”Friday Sermon, 3rd April 1987
Therefore, all secretaries will have to make sure that all members have true knowledge of the Waqf-e-Nau scheme and how to enrol their children into it.
Regarding this, the following procedure should be kept in mind:
How to dedicate your child into the Waqf-e-Nau scheme?
- When parents are expecting a child, they should write to Huzoor-e-Anwar (Aba) expressing their desire to dedicate their expected child into the Waqf-e-Nau scheme.
- The application should be written during pregnancy. Applications made after the birth of the child will not be accepted.
- Both parents should consent the application addressed to Huzoor-e-Anwar (Aba). In the case where if one of the parent is not an Ahmadi, a written consent from the parent is also required stating that they understand the concept of this dedication and scheme.
- If for any reason the parent should decide that they will only dedicate a certain gender of the child, their application will not be approved. It is not a condition as a child regardless of its gender should be dedicated to the Scheme of Waqf-e-Nau.
- Once approved, the parents should send a copy of their child’s Waqf-e-Nau reference (Hawala) number to their local and national secretary. An announcement should be made in every Jama’at that the parents should keep in contact with their National sectaries.
The national secretary should make the members of their Jama’at aware that once their child has been granted approval into the Waqf-e-Nau scheme, they should update their child’s Waqf-e-Nau record with him.
The National secretary Waqf-e-Nau should maintain his record with all the relevant information regarding the child. A list of some key data which should be kept is given below:
- Waqf-e-Nau reference (Hawala) No
- Full Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Grandfather’s Name
- Telephone No
The secretary should always tally his record with the list provided by Markaz and make changes to his record accordingly. If there is contradiction in the record, the secretary should let Markaz know.
If a Waqf-e-Nau joins his Tajneed or leaves, it is the duty of the secretary to let the Markaz know about these changes.
The national secretary should keep a full record of pending applications and received Waqf-e-Nau reference numbers.
The national secretary Waqf-e-Nau should establish language classes on local, regional and national level.
Establishment of Career Planning Committees
The National secretary Waqf-e-Nau should establish a career planning/counselling committee on a national/regional level. He should start reviewing all Waqifeen-e-Nau above the age of seven. They will have a vague idea of the child’s interests and hence will guide him/her more specifically in the later years of their lives.
For this, we want to draw your attention kindly to the instructions of Huzoor Anwar (Aba) regarding the career planning and counselling committee for Waqifeen-e-Nau on which Huzoor Anwar (Aba) put a lot of emphasis on, which are as follows:
1. The committee should be established at national level and also at local level
2. Could also be at regional level if the Jama’at are small and the distances long
3. Members should be: Chair-Amir of the country, National Secretary Waqf-e-Nau/Local Secretary at local level, Missionary, a teacher, a doctor, an engineer, a teacher from Jamia Ahmadiyya if a Jamia is in their country, any person having experience in career guidance. It is up to the committee to appoint any other member. For Waqifat, help should be sought from Sadr Lajna through Amir or President of the Jama’at.
The purposes of this committee are:
1. To have an overall view of Waqifeen who are about to complete their education
2. Be in a position to guide Waqifeen about various professions
3. To discuss the future needs of their country and Jama’at, as well as to see how many could be absorbed in their country, how many are surplus and how many could be made available to other countries.
4. To collect details of Waqifeen with their qualifications, suitability for service or any reservations or recommendation. Forward these to the centre for further processing of application.
Establishment of Waqf-e-Nau Classes
Educational classes for Waqifeen-e-Nau should start be held immediately. The contact details of the teacher should be forwarded to the head office.
These classes shall be monitored by the respective Murabbi of the Jama’at. The organiser should keep the Murabbi updated.
Monthly and Annual programs
Arrange at least one program or meeting where both Waqifeen-e-Nau and their parents are present. The expectant parents should also be made part of these programs.
Make these programs interactive and different from other programs so that the attendees don’t get bored. A list of those parents who don’t attend these programs despite reminders should be forwarded to the head office.
Likewise, an annual Ijtema should be arranged for Waqifeen-e-Nau and their parents so that the Waqifeen-e-Nau can be tested on their religious and secular knowledge.
The secretaries should teach Waqifeen-e-Nau the Waqf-e-Nau syllabus published by Markaz.
Make sure you send detailed quarterly reports of events you hold during the year. You can send any achievement report of a child so that his/her file can be maintained. Stay in touch with the head office on a regular basis.
The reports should be sent for the following quarters:
- January to March
- April to June
- July to September
- October to December
These reports should be forward to the National Secretary Waqf-e-Nau of the country.
Reports should also be collected from Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya department of Waqf-e-Nau and collated with the Local, Regional and National reports.
Reports should be attached with good quality pictures where necessary.
Visit to Markaz (Islamabad, Tilford)
Programs should be made with Waqifeen-e-Nau and their parents to visit the Markaz in the UK.